Dates and Locations for Fall 2019 Presentations of 2019 Clinical & Legal Opioid Update
Free – advanced registration is required
Augusta: Tuesday, September 10 at the Augusta Civic Center REGISTER FOR 9/10 IN AUGUSTA
Wells: Tuesday, October 8 at Village By The Sea REGISTER FOR 10/8 IN WELLS
Dedham: Thursday, October 24 at The Lucerne Inn REGISTER FOR 10/24 IN DEDHAM
Portland: Wednesday, October 30 at Fireside Inn and Suites REGISTER FOR 10/30 IN PORTLAND
Auburn: Tuesday, November 19 at Hilton Garden Inn Riverwatch REGISTER FOR 11/19 IN AUBURN
Brewer: Wednesday, November 20 at Jeff’s Catering REGISTER FOR 11/20 IN BREWER
Belfast: Thursday, November 21 at the Hutchinson Center REGISTER for 11/21 IN BELFAST
5:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Sign-in begins at 4:30 PM
Light snacks will be provided
Topics and learning objectives:
2019 Clinical Opioid Update
- Review latest research relating to opioid + pain prescribing practices
- Constantly consider harm reduction
- Discuss opioid use disorder and treatments
2019 Legal Opioid Update
- Review impact of Chapter 488 in Maine
- Discuss opioid laws, rules and initiatives of the new administration
- Study Chapter 21 requirements and logical implementation
- Investigate methods to further transform local and regional prescribing
Co-Prescribing Benzodiazepines and Opioids: The Black Box of Increased Overdose Risk
- Review the trends in benzodiazepine prescribing
- Evaluate risks of co-prescribing benzodiazepines and opioids
- Consider taper plans
- Recall importance of risk reduction
Presenters: Elisabeth Fowlie Mock, MD, MPH; Peter Michaud, JD, RN
The Maine Medical Education Trust designates this live activity for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM . Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Maine Medical Education Trust and the Maine Independent Clinical Information Service (MICIS). The Maine Medical Education Trust is accredited by the Maine Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Maine Independent Clinical Information Service www.micismaine.org is a program of the Maine Medical Association.
This activity qualifies for a maximum of 3 credits of the 3 CME credit requirement for opioid medication education found in P.L. 2015, Chapter 488, Maine’s legislation to address the opioid drug crisis.