Presented By MICIS
Simplified Treatment of Hepatitis C in Primary Care Settings
Presentation for Prescribers
Schedule a 1-hour presentation at your medical practice, hospital or meeting.
– Understand the importance of screening for Hepatitis C.
– Know next steps when initial HCV screen is positive.
– Identify elements of a comprehensive care plan for patients with HCV.
Prescribers who have attended the 1-hour presentation may request a
Level 2 One-on-One Academic Detailing session.
– Review HCV pre-treatment evaluation
– Determine factors that favor subspecialty management of HCV infection
– Prepare to counsel patients.
– Review drug-drug interactions and select treatment regimen
Prescribing To Reduce Opioid Overdose Risk: How to impact the epidemic within the pandemic
– Understand risk reduction in the context of opioid prescribing.
– Obtain familiarity with the use of buprenorphine for opioid use disorder.
– Describe recommendations for naloxone prescribing to increase patient safety.
Individual One-on-One Academic Detailing Sessions
Prescribers of opioids (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) may request a 1-hour session with a MICIS Academic Detailer, and sessions can be scheduled at any time of day. There is no charge for the session.MICIS is scheduling one-on-one 1-hour Academic Detailing sessions on these topics:
– Opioid Prescribing in Maine 2020-2021
– MAT Update for Maine 2020-2021
– Moving Beyond Opioid and Benzodiazepine Combinations in Maine 2020-2021
The Maine Medical Education Trust designates this live internet activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Maine Medical Education Trust and the Maine Independent Clinical Information Service (MICIS). The Maine Medical Education Trust is accredited by the Maine Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for physicians.