Fall 2020 – Spring 2021: Virtual Sessions Presented By MICIS
Individual Academic Detailing Sessions on Opioid Prescribing Topics
MICIS is scheduling individual Academic Detailing sessions on three topics:
– Opioid Prescribing in Maine 2020-2021
– MAT Update for Maine 2020-2021
– Moving Beyond Opioid and Benzodiazepine Combinations in Maine 2020-2021
Prescribers of opioids (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) may request a 1-hour Academic Detailing session on one of these topics, and sessions can be scheduled for any time of day. There is no charge for the session. Contact MICIS
Presentation for Opioid Prescribers
Prescribing to Reduce Opioid Overdose Risk
– Understand risk reduction in the context of opioid prescribing
– Obtain familiarity with the use of buprenorphine for opioid use disorder
– Describe recommendations for naloxone prescribing to increase patient safety
Contact MICIS to schedule a 1-hour virtual program at your hospital, medical practice, conference or meeting.
The Maine Medical Education Trust designates this live internet activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Maine Medical Education Trust and the Maine Independent Clinical Information Service (MICIS). The Maine Medical Education Trust is accredited by the Maine Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for physicians.